Congratulations to our 8th grade class superlatives.
Valedictorian - Makayla Adams
Salutatorian - Kayla Garza
Historian - Elyce Rymer
We are proud of your hard work and dedication.
Best for All District
For the 2021-22 school year, Grundy County Schools will offer in-person learning across all grade bands. Recognizing the benefits of in-person learning, we look forward to the first full day of school on Monday, August 9th.
During the 2020-21 school year, our teachers, staff members, families, and students worked diligently to ensure last year was an overwhelming success. With our 1:1 initiative in place and quality educators at the helm, we are prepared to maintain a safe and productive learning environment for all students.
With the new school year approaching, GCS will utilize the updated CDC school guidelines to help modify COVID-19 practices throughout the year. With this, a few updates are listed below:
- While encouraged, masks will be optional for all students, employees, and visitors on our campuses.
- Students, teachers, visitors, and staff members are encouraged to continue proper handwashing and sanitizing.
- Temperature checks (for employees, guests, and students entering our facilities) will not be continued for the 2021-22 school year.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting will continue to take place.
- Grundy County Schools encourages students, staff members, and teachers to stay at home when sick, and the district encourages the use of outdoor classrooms/spaces for learning and exercise.
- Additionally, these guidelines may be changed based on local transmission rates or guideline updates from the CDC. District communication will be provided throughout the year.
We envision a school system where a variety of pathways to academic and career success are available for all students; where adults consistently work in a collaborative school culture to improve student learning; where all educators willingly accept responsibility for the academic success of each student; and where all students become independent, lifelong learners, confident in their ability to succeed in a global society following high school graduation.